Friday, August 14, 2009

The Lesson

"What are the principles of our mission to Earth?" our instructor asks us from the front of the room.

Another little soul raises their hand to answer; "To recapture love from the darkness; and return them to here, their home."

"Partly," says our instructor "anyone else?"

He scans the front of the room, but my classmates avert their eyes. I like this instructor. He's very kind and he smiles a lot. Some of the other instructors are more strict, but I understand why. There is a danger when you go down to Earth that you will be swallowed by the darkness ~ and so, we must pay careful attention to our lessons.

"No one?" he says amused.

I raise my hand. I think I know. It's hard for me because sometimes I like to watch the heavens swirl above us instead of paying attention. I don't know why I get so distracted...I'm really looking forward to finishing my training and going down there,

"We descend because it is our oath to our brothers and sisters, that should they get lost -- or should we get lost -- more will come for us."

I smile. I think I answered well.

"Excellent!" remarks my instructor and walks over to pat me on the shoulder before he continues, "Well said. We descend as a solemn oath that our brethren before us will not be lost in the darkness. There is reassurance that you will be brought back eventually."

I think about all the lost souls down on Earth. Little souls like me that went down to try and bring some of them back. It saddens me that Earth has become what it is. We learned in our lessons that the Great Being did not intend for it to be that way ~ but darkness seeped in; and like a mold, it festers on the souls of those who have gone down before us.

Another classmate raises their hand, "But don't the people down there recognize that the populations keep growing?"

We all nod our heads. That is a good question. Why don't the people on Earth recognize that we are coming for them?

"Well," says our instructor as he takes a seat on the ledge, "it's quite simple. They are blind. They know no different. They do not recognize the arrival of new souls as a loving gift from the heavens."

"But why not?" says another classmate. I nod my head. Why not? Why don't they recognize us?

"Because," says my instructor "the darkness that blinds them is strong. And so, the truth of who they really are evades them. From time to time over the ages we've sent messages of our love via texts, music, literature. And for many, it does provide comfort -- but the actuality of the situation is very dire. This is why, for those of you who are fortunate enough to return, we ask of you to sit tenure in these classes so that we can aggregate our knowledge in an effort to bring back more souls."

I stare out the glass ceiling of my classroom. The indigo is dancing amongst the white light. It's beautiful.

I think it's strange that the lost souls on Earth think of innovation as something not from us. Can't they see we get are getting stronger against the darkness? Can't they see that the longer they are down there the more of heaven's technology we send so that we can bring them more comfort while they are in bondage?

Earlier today we were studying a little soul that brought them electricity. And another little soul gave them democracy. And another little soul gave them television; and another little soul gave them poetry...

I wonder if I'll make a difference when I go down? I wonder if I will wake up from time to time and remember who I was and where I came from? I hope so. I've already chosen my weapon: words. I hope they approve it. It's what my heart is speaking to me, and so I believe that I can do good with words. I can wake them up from their darkness with words.

"Now," says my instructor, "let's get back to what we were originally talking about. Because Earth is a secular spiritual experience, there is often an absence of 'self' or 'love'. These are two things that you receive automatically because here, we are all conjoined spiritually and harmoniously, but on Earth -- the experience is different. And, being secular is what caused the darkness to seep in, in the first place. The absence of love is the presence of darkness. Earth has become a complicated matter -- but we can not let our brethren fester there for eternity, cycling back to relive the trauma and pain over and over again because darkness has gripped them. No. We must do our best to awaken the truth of who they are inside of them. The seed of the spirit that rests in all of us ~ even those under the spell of evil. And your job, is to project this message through your thoughts, your actions, and your words. It will be difficult at times. Painful. But you must not give up. You must endure. You must look within yourself at all times and remember the truth of who you are and where you came from. You are an entity of pure perfection and love -- and everything else is a lie."

I don't know how many more lessons I will have to have before I am ready to go down to Earth. But I'm not scared. I will always remember to remember who I am. How could I possibly forget that? Even if no one ever loves me, I will love myself enough to not be lost by the darkness. I will do this because I love my brethren. I will do this because I know that they went down there with the same intentions, but something horrible happened. And I know, that should something horrible happen to me -- someone up here will be making the same promise.

We will all be rescued eventually.